Madrid continued

In the morning we had our breakfast at the bakery, and they served a quick shake to our son to his delight. Croissants were really good there. We decided to visit Prado museum and were among first people in the line. I was surprised and happy our son accepted to visit and he was curious during the visit. We saw Rubens work, Raphael, Goya and Velasquez. I was guiding him to ensure he sees the most beautiful art. He likes drawing and was good at painting. We spent a good 3 hours there. We used lockers for our small backpacks. It was free.

We then were hungry and walked to locate a place for lunch by our hotel. I had my list of places based on reviews, but many were closed, as it was Monday. We decided on a Cerveceria close to our hotel in a secondary street and in a shade.








 Salmorejo, my choice.
 Gaspacho for our son, delicious.



This is very popular, breakfasts served all day, and my husband's choice. Fries with and egg and ham.


Croquetas and fries julienna, our son's choice.

 Paella mista for me.

Chocolate mousse as desert.

And a cheese cake with orange sauce. I preferred the mousse.


In the evening we went shoes shopping, as specials were really good, starting at 3E a pair of shoes. We also found the big supermarket at el Corte Ingles. It was spectacular and had a lot of choices of food, hams, cheeses.

I tried reserving our tickets for next day trip to Segovia, and it got stuck right after I paid. I couldn't reach the help as they were already closed.



Comments

Popular Posts