La Carihuela Beach

I chose our hotel in la Carihuela to be a typical Spanish hotel, so our son could see some real Spain there. It is one of the minority hotels in that area to have a traditional style and it is surrounded by high builds hotels.

After a siesta we returned to the beach. It has a coarse sand. Tourists from different countries were at the beach, but mostly families. I followed my son in the water without thinking, but the waves were present and I fell in shallow water. Then I tried to run and escape, but the wave made me to fall, and when I came up, I had lost my prescription glasses and my sun clips in the sea. The sea was drawing people and objects in. My son plunged a few times trying to recover my glasses, but it didn't help. Here I was on my first day of vacation and I don't see much without my glasses, horrifying perspective of being blind or almost during our visits. My husband had left our bags with a Spanish family and joined us in the research.

Then I remembered, I had a spare of my glasses and clips in my bag as in the past I had broken a pair of glasses, but had my spares. I since always have them in my luggage. I also since then carry pictures of my prescriptions on my cell phone just in case. While I still couldn't believe it, I suddenly saw my glasses on the sand, but couldn't catch them, as the wave brought them back into the sea. That was a second sad moment. I decided to just stand in that same place and wait for my glasses. After 10 minutes or so the sea brought them back on the beach, this time the waves stopped and I could recover my precious grasses.Thankfully the clips were on and were reflecting light, so I could see them easily.We couldn't just believe what happened and the Spanish family neither.

It is a good lesson and I should have taken the glass attach cord from home. It is going right now into my suitcase for the next trip.











We decided to change at the hotel and go for a walk and celebrate the recovery of the glasses. As we arrived on a Sunday many places were closed, but MGJamon (in a pun to McDonalds) was open until 8PM. There were plenty of tables on the outside terrace where we sat with a nice sea view.

This place is so cool. They are serving a glass of wine for 1 euro, a pint of beer for 1.50E. We could order tapas toasts with Bellota ham. They take the order and then call you on the mike when it is ready, it is a selfservice. We left our son's name and he was called. What a great place. We went on order 2 and 3. Many things were delicious. We ended up spending about 17 E for a meal for 3 people including drinks. Incredible and delicious. Fortunately nothing to do with McDo. It was so good, we returned next evening as well, being Monday, and splurges and spent 21E in total for the 3 of us. Yey, finally on true vacation.

Jamon Iberico and Bellota










Tosta patatas con alioli

Tosta con tomato and anchoas




Tosta con tortilla de patatas

Tosta con chorizo, delicious.











Carihuela is a very pleasant place with tons of shops, restaurants and bars. Chiringuitos as well cooking on wood fire in fishermen boats, grilling seafood. The 2 streets along the beach are completely walking only. We bought some souvenirs and a couple of leather pocketbooks.

Then, to bed we went, as we wanted to visit Malaga next morning.

Comments

Popular Posts